Wednesday, May 14, 2008

More revelations

"Anyway I gotta go, call me later."

"Talk to you later." Babs hung up the phone and lay back down in bed. She turned to look at Lucy who was filing her nails with one of the 20 emery boards Babs always had lying around. She was wearing a large Metallica t-shirt Babs had never seen.

"What did she say?"

"She said I slept with some ice climber and then she said she bought them for me. I don't know if she's lying about both things or not. Can you pass the chow mien? Hey careful, don't get that shit on my bedspread..."

Lucy and Babs had ordered Chinese. It was a fast growing tradition on mornings after a big night.

"So you honestly don't remember ANYTHING from last night?" Lucy blew on her nails and accidentaly dropped the emery board in the fried rice. After making sure Babs wasn't looking, Lucy discretely put the whole thing aside.

"Well no - I remember going to that second bar, what was it called?"

"My secret life?" Lucy guessed "something like that - it was on Queen West, not far from here I think."

"Right and I remember getting separated from you and Greta. She went home before us I know and I was telling someone - hey what happened to you? You were talking to someone, I don't even remember you leaving."

Lucy tugged at her t-shirt "same old shit. Don't even know his name really. I didn't bother to say goodbye this morning. He wouldn't have called anyway."

Babs nodded "was he cute?"

Lucy grinned "he was hot. Squirlies! That was the bar. Yeah, he looked nice lying there in the morning light. I didn't bother to wake him. Wish i could remember what we talked about."

"Yeah," Babs swallowed. "Me too. I wish I knew how I got home. I also don't think Greta gave me these long johns and i KNOW i wouldn't have slept with an ice climber. I mean, would I?"

"Depends - did he resemble a pirate in anyway?"

"Shut up about that" Babs punched Lucy in the arm. Lucy had the goods on Babs and knew she had a soft spot for movie type villains. Lucy was fine with it - hell she liked real life villains. The longer and dirtier the hair, the more skeletons on their t-shirts, the better.

"Lucy?"

"Yeah babs."

"I'm having an affair with a married man. And I don't know what to do."

"The back of the long johns!" Lucy cried.

"What? Didn't you just heard what I-" Babs said but Lucy was already pushing her forward and pulling at Bab's long underwear.

"Let's just see if there's a name on these things..."

Babs leaned forward, disconcerted on a number of levels. "Do you see anything?"

"No," Lucy admitted. "But someone HAS written a telephone number across your lower back along with 'call me when you are ready' plus their initials - do you know a J.W.? Now tell me about this married man."

No comments: